Are you also one of those having a lot of health concerns related to popcorn and is willing to have it most healthily? If your answer is yes, then you are suggested to check the details out. Now you can enjoy the popped up Popcorn kernels most healthily. Willing to know how? Check out the details.
Popcorn is all-time favorite to people. It is about watching a movie or enjoying a match, and everyone loves having popcorn. According to the traditional methods, people usually prepare popcorns in butter or desi ghee. But being health-conscious, people tend to avoid eating popcorn. But now there is an amazing technique you follow to make perfect popcorn and that too without any burnt kernels.
Yes, now you can easily avoid using butter or heavy cream and can easily make light popcorn and make it your favorite snack. Do you know how? Instead of using butter or high cream, now you can use olive oil. Olive oil is considered to be one of the healthiest edible oils that you can consider maintaining your health. The best part about olive oil is that it does not let the popcorn kernels burnt.
How to make popcorn with olive oil?
- Essential ingredients for making popcorn using olive oil:
- Take three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- One-third cup of high-quality popcorn kernels
- Salt to taste
- Add one tablespoon of butter if needed.
Method to make popcorn using olive oil:
Now, let’s take a look over the method you need to follow to make amazing popcorn with Olive Oil.
- First of all, you need to heat oil in the saucepan. Temperature should be medium-high heat.
- Put three or four kernels of popcorn into the coil and wait until it gets popped up.
- If the popcorn kernels popped up, add the rest of the popcorn kernels into the pan.
- Try to maintain an even layer of the popcorn.
- Cover the pot after 30 seconds remove from heat
- To get the best popcorn, it is important to heat the oil at the right temperature. The maximum waiting seconds is 30 seconds.
- Again return the pan to the heat, and the popping will start again.
- To get best-popped popcorns, slightly shake the pan by moving it to and fro.
- Once the popcorn starts popping up, try to remove the led a bit so that the steam can easily get fast. It will help the popcorn keep crisper and dry.
- Once the popping sound slows down remove the pan from stove.
- For extra taste add butter to have juicy taste in your taste buds.
Finally, sprinkle the popcorn with salt to taste. You can also add some Spanish smoked paprika, chili pepper, nutritional yeast, or grated cheese if you are willing to add some toppings to the popcorn.
Some cooking oil options:
If you were looking out for the cooking oil options to make the best and most delicious popcorns, then here are some.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
You can add extra virgin olive oil. Yes, you can easily make amazing popcorn with the help of olive oil. It’ll be amazing as long as you cook it at medium heat. Additionally, it is one of the healthiest options available.
To make popcorn delicious, in most movie theatres, the coconut oil is used for cooking popcorn. You can also add unrefined coconut oil as it is more redeem as compared to the higher refined oil.
Canola oil or vegetable oil
Well, the truth is that canola oil is quite highly processed. That is the main reason people don’t consider it. But if you do not have any choice, then consider cooking.
Other vegetable oils
If you are still looking for options, you can easily go for avocado oil, grape seed oil, or sunflower oil. These are the options available that you can consider for preparing popcorn.
Some amazing recommended popcorn seasonings are:
To make popcorn tastier, you can add some seasonings. They are:
Black pepper and olive oil: It’s the most amazing and healthiest seasoning available for popcorn cooking
Cinnamon honey butter: If you love having white sticky but irresistible popcorn, you can easily whisk two tablespoons of melted butter with one tablespoon of honey. You can also go for maple syrup and one-fourth tablespoon of the grounded cinnamon.
Spicy: If you’re a spice lover then add some spicy toppings, sprinkle some Red pepper flakes or white pepper.
Nutritional yeast: If you are willing to have butter flavor but still want to go for something healthy, then it is the best alternative available. You can go for the nutritional yeast, and it will provide you an amazing butter flavor taste.
Melted butter: It is the most prominent and common popcorn seasoning available that you can consider.
Is the popcorn healthy?
As compared to all other snacks, popcorn is one of the healthiest snacks. You can easily make popcorn by using high quality of oil. Additionally, it is not important to add butter or caramel flavors. Even if you make popcorn with olive oil, then it becomes the healthiest snack. Popcorn is a whole grain, and it provides amazing redeeming fibers. The popcorns are super delicious and chemical-free. Additionally, they do not contain extra ingredients that can prove harm to health.