Do you have this question in your mind: Is Popcorn a Good Source of Fiber? Well, Check out this post to know the real facts & answers about popcorn
Popcorn is considered to be one of the snacks, which has nutritional values. It has a nutritional value linked with a whole grain. The same is with popcorn fiber. Whether it is a good source of fiber or not, we will get multiple answers. Some answers are confusing, and some answers help you get a clear answer.
Is Popcorn a good source of fiber or not?
But if your question is popcorn a good source of fiber or not, then the answer is yes. No compromising in fiber when it comes to Popcorn.
You might be thinking how to conclude Popcorn a good source of fiber or not? Then the answer is available here, which will help you to understand. They are
- It’s a whole grain, and usually whole grains are high fibers. The fiber content of the Popcorn is around 14.5%. Therefore you can easily conclude that it does not lack fiber.
- When it comes to calorie intake, you’ll be surprised that it doesn’t contribute high calories. Therefore, when you add lot of fat to eat, ratio of the fiber, will be reduced significantly. Therefore no need to worry.
- When it comes to fiber intake of the Popcorn, you can consume 100g grams of Popcorn, the fiber intake is 14.5 gram.
- Make sure not to prepare popcorns in microwave. If you are preparing them in the microwave, they will not contribute to high-fiber food. The reason behind is it gets nutritional value lost. Therefore if you wish to get fiber in return prepare without microwave.
Therefore make sure whenever you are preparing, you are adding the ingredients appropriately.
When it comes to the method through which you can prepare the Popcorn, there is a long list for the same. But it is also a must for you to understand that you are using only those methods which will not be letting you feel disappointed at the end. Therefore, make sure you are not compromising with fiber content whenever you are preparing Popcorn for you.
If you compromise fiber content it’ll not contribute any health benefits. Therefore it is a must for you to understand that those methods are helping you to maintain nutritional values. If nutritional values are not maintained, then you get into some unnecessary issues.
How to make Popcorn without loosing fiber?
Whenever you are looking for an answer about how to prepare the Popcorn by retaining all the nutritional value, there is nothing to worry about. Here in the below the procedure of the nutritional content available with the pop points.
The methods are:
- Do not prepare the popcorns in the microwave
- Now take a pan, add the popcorns into it and put some butter and salt as per your requirement.
- Cover the pan and put it on the stove.
- Turn on the gas stove before placing it; make sure to wait for few seconds until and unless you get the Popping sound.
- When the popcorns get completely popped, take them off. When you are having a hundred grams of Popcorn, it contributes to 14.5% of fiber.
- If you are consuming 200 grams of Popcorn in a day, you are having 29 grams of fiber. Therefore it is right to conclude that you are not compromising with fiber content at all.
Thus, in confusion whether Popcorn having fiber or not, then there is nothing to worry about. If wish you continue popcorn in daily basis then there is fiber content in it. You can include it in your diet. But make sure not to compromise with quantity. In case you compromise with the quality and quantity, then there might be a chance of bloating.
Therefore to avoid bloating, make sure not to consume Popcorn in an adequate quantity. If the quantity exceeds then, it’ll create unnecessary issues, which leads to unbearable situations. In order to know more, you can fetch the internet for more details. Any queries please leave them in comment section; will resolve as soon as possible.
Also read: Is there Gluten in Popcorn?
Finished reading article? Still looking for more knowledgeable stuff about popcorn, I’ve got you covered check out the video right below