Are you looking to know How to Make Popcorn Without Microwave? That’s great. Let’s see How to Make Popcorn Without Microwave in this guide
Popcorn is the favorite dish of most kids and adults too. It is one of the popular food that can be enjoyed with your family. Popcorn can be made using various techniques for commercial use. Preparing Popcorn at home is cheaper, simple to cook, tastes better, and a healthy version. It is easy to cook Popcorn at home on your stove. There is no need to panic if you do not have a Microwave at home, as Popcorn can be made without a Microwave. In this article, we will look into the method of preparing Popcorn without using the Microwave.
How to Make Popcorn Without Microwave
- To begin with, take a pot that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Take some oil (Canola or coconut oil) and let the oil be heated at medium-high heat. Check if the oil is heated by adding a few kernels to it.
- Now add about 1/3 cup of Popcorn and cover it with the lid. Gently shake the pot so that all the kernels are evenly coated with the oil.
- Once the kernels begin to pop, shake the pot again so that all the kernels are equally exposed to the heat and are popped up.
- When the popping sound is reduced, remove the pot from the heat and open the lid so that all the steam is let out.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add some melted butter or some flavor of your choice to get the sweet, sour, or spicy taste.
- Some of the ingredients can be fresh herbs, sugar, cinnamon, pepper, or salt.
Some tips to prepare Popcorn at home
- Take the right pot that has a tight-fitting lid. If the bowl is bigger, all the kernels will be coated well.
- Take the right proportion of cooking oil and popcorn kernels. For example, 70 grams of Popcorn with 40 ml (two tablespoons) of cooking oil makes about seven cups of Popcorn.
- The oil of your choice can be used. Use oils like canola, coconut, peanut can also be used.
- Avoid using butter as it will get burnt easily. Use clarified butter or ghee to get a lovely buttery flavor.
- Before you start with popping the corn, keep the popcorn seasonings and clarified butter ready.
Microwave popcorn causes certain damage to your health. Freshly cooked homemade Popcorn is a healthy snack that is full of fiber. The leftover popcorn can also be heated without using the Microwave. I hope this article has helped you to Prepare Popcorn at home easily and healthily.