In this article, we will be reviewing the Nordic Ware Microwave Popcorn Popper. Here, let us see fun facts, instructions, product quality, advantages, and disadvantages of the product.
This brand was founded in 1946, just after the 2nd world war to be precise. As a family from Minnesota, Dave Dalquist, his father, brother, and wife Dotty were eager to start a new business with what they had. So, a humble kitchenware company was launched, which became a success with its dedicated employees. Among their thousands of products, our hero popcorn popper also was produced. They have kitchenware, cookware, bakeware, etc., The Bundt cake pan remains the most popular.
The corporate head office of nordic ware is located at County Road, 25 at 5005, in Minneapolis, USA. The factory store is near St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA.
With this microwave popcorn maker comes a limited 5-year warranty.
This product’s warranty is limited in that there are a few situations in which it will be void. The guarantee shall be null and void if any of the following take place:
- The food is heated for a longer time than necessary and beyond the time allotted.
- Using a dishwasher to clean it.
- Using abrasive cleaners
- Using products that will scratch it, such as metal kitchenware.
In the very beginning, the company had begun in a basement.
They celebrated their 75th-anniversary last year.
They do offer custom design and manufacturing. Cool right?
The team of product designers and engineers creates one-of-a-kind designs, drawing inspiration from their culinary endeavors as well as tried-and-true manufacturing processes to produce things that will be passed down from one generation to the next.
In its early years, Nordic Ware was a small business that specialized in ethnic Scandinavian goods as well as commonplace items like griddles and steak platters. Then, the business has been run by the same family for three generations until this day.
Okay, I’m Curious
They promise tasty, healthy, and fluffy air-popped popcorn which is ready to eat. The instructions said clearly to add 1/3rd cup, but instead, I was curious and added a half cup, and it turns out I should’ve stuck to the instructions. The popcorn was overflowing when I opened the door. But, when I used the ⅓ rd cup, there was no place for burning, and almost all the kernels popped so beautifully. So, I think, you should just stick to the information on the wrapper, besides other places on the internet.
The packing: The popper comes with paper wrapped around it with the info, instructions, and some notes. Of course, there are writings such as, Made in America, and the thing that they are most proud of, “Family Owned”.
The instructions: they have written Prep it, Cook it, Enjoy it.
Add a third cup of kernels to the bowl with or without 1-2 tablespoons of oil.
Place the lid on the bowl.
Microwave on in high settings and cook for approximately 2-4 minutes, and the cooking time depends on the wattage of the microwave.
As the popping slows down, it signals us that it is done
Immediately remove the lid and let it cool for a minute or two and then you may want to season it and enjoy your snack.
They also have added a note. It says, do not repop unpopped kernels.
There are other places online where the directions are different, but I think one should stick to the package information for better results.
Nordic Ware Microwave Popcorn Popper
- They also have other popcorn poppers like Pro Pop popper, Quick Pop popper, and others, but this popcorn popper remains the best. Interesting, right?
- It comes in different colors. Who wouldn’t love options? There are many others, but these two are the popular ones.
- It is widely available in local stores and online.
- The bowl can be used to cook and store, so this is both space-saving and economical.
- It also can be used to reheat other food items and can hold around 12 cups of popcorn.
- The cost is approximately 15 dollars, which I would say is worth it because they have a pretty extended warranty.
- The product is BPA-free and melamine free.
- It is highly durable and has great value.
- With the instructions, it is easy to use and clean.
- A tiny bit of concern raises, since it’s not dishwasher safe, and over time, the lid warps.
- To an extent, there is oil splatter, but can be avoided.
After testing out this popper, there were a few things that were crucial for all of us to understand.
How well the popcorn was popped?
We don’t want to overcook or undercook anything that we want to eat, just like when cooking any dish at home, especially in the microwave.
General effectiveness of the popper?
This popper cooked the popcorn perfectly even if more kernels were added than was advised. NO charred popcorn here.
If any kernels remain unpopped?
Yes, there were a few kernels that remained unpopped, but that didn’t matter when you get the amazing treat in your mouth. Even the package had a mention about these unpopped people. They said not to repop if there are any unpopped kernels.
More popper info
The product is oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Dimensions are 10”x10”x5”.
Want some tips?
- When you get some unpopped kernels, one useful tip is to preheat the oven for 30 seconds, add the kernels, and proceed. Or else, you could try changing the brand of the kernel.
- Then about the oil spatters, the lid has slits for steam ventilation. The moment the kernels pop, the oil splatters out from the vent slots and it creates more trouble. But this can be resolved by covering the openings with a thick paper towel to prevent spatter.
- When you have an issue with the lid distorting after prolonged use typically over a year, turn the popper upside-down when heating the popcorn in the microwave or put a plate on top of the bowl.
- For a replacement, you could always contact their warranty service and they also offer replacement lids. I think they’ll come up with a better cover for this popper soon. They do have a different popper that is comparable to this one and has a dome-shaped cover.
In this article, we saw about the Nordic Ware Microwave Popcorn Popper, my review, and its advantages, and disadvantages. I think the product is worth every penny, and I hope it helps the reader.