Do you want to know How to Add Butter to Microwave Popcorn? Well, That makes popcorn more tastier. Read this article to find out how to do it
The Popcorn comes as an utterly delicious dish. The Popcorn that is prepared at home can remain crisp for many days. Both kids and adults love to munch on Popcorn while at a movie theater or during snack time at home. The homemade movie popcorn or butter Popcorn can be easily prepared at home. In this article, we will see how to prepare buttered Popcorn.
Preparing Microwave popcorn with added butter
The preparation of Microwave popcorn is simple. Clarified butter or ghee can be added to the Popcorn to make it stay crispy. Clarified butter is the melted butter that is simmered till all the water in the butter evaporates and till you get pure butterfat. The normal butter cannot be used to pop the Popcorn as it has a higher smoke point. By using the clarified butter, the popcorn kernels can be popped without getting burnt.
Another benefit of using clarified butter is that it will not make the Popcorn soggy as you pour butter on top of the Popcorn. It will remain crisp for many days. The clarified butter is in the form of liquid when it is warm, and it is soft when kept at room temperature.
How to make butter popcorn in Microwave?
The ingredients that are needed to prepare butter popcorn is
- One and a half tablespoons of butter
- 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels
- Paper lunch bag
- Wax paper
Follow the instructions given below:
- Take a paper lunch bag, and use a big piece of wax paper to cover all four sides of the bag. Pour all the Popcorn into the paper bag and add some butter to top it over. Fold the bag and staple it twice to make it safe.
- Place the paper lunch bag inside the Microwave and heat it for 2-4 minutes. Each Microwave will have different timings. On a trial and error basis, you can get familiarized with the time duration taken by your Microwave for the kernels to pop.
- Once the popping sound is reduced, it’s time to take the paper lunch bag out of the Microwave and serve it hot.
Popcorn is a healthy food when it is consumed without artificial flavoring. The nutritional serving per bag contains 119 calories, sodium 100 mg, fat 9g, saturated fat 5g, unsaturated fat 2 g, carbohydrates 9g, Protein 1g, fiber 2g, cholesterol 23 mg. Buttery, crunchy, hot, and salty Popcorn which is the favorite dish of most people can be easily prepared at home. Adding butter to the Popcorn will enhance its flavor. When it is topped with additional flavorings, it gives a nice crunchy taste. While you add the seasoning, the Popcorn must still be hot. I hope this article has helped you to prepare microwave popcorn with added butter.
You might also be interested in reading these articles: