Are you looking to find out How Many Calories Are in Stovetop Popcorn? Well, That’s a good question, Read this article to find out.
Popcorn is a healthy snack. When it is consumed without butter, oil, and other artificial flavorings, it is low in calories and full of nutrients. The popcorn that is prepared using the stovetop at home contains only 43 calories per cup and is simple to prepare. This article will guide you to prepare stove-low calorie popcorn that is much healthier. The ingredients that are needed to prepare this recipe are only a few. This is a very simple recipe with minimal cleanup. Some people prefer air-popped popcorn, but the popcorn that is prepared with a stovetop gives the best results as they are popped using oil and evenly distributed.
The ingredients for stovetop popcorn
This recipe is a low-calorie popcorn without compromising the flavors. We use a healthy version of the oil, either coconut oil or olive oil. The recipe is prepared by using just three ingredients that you easily find in your pantry. The shopping list to prepare this stovetop popcorn is popcorn kernels, coconut oil, and salt. When you have all the ingredients ready, you can prepare the stovetop popcorn.
Preparing the stovetop popcorn
- Take a large bowl or heavy-bottomed saucepan and combine the popcorn kernels with coconut oil.
- Close the lid of the pan and wait for a few minutes till the popcorn kernels begin to pop.
- As they begin to pop, and when all the kernels are done, the popping noise reduces
- Remember to give the corns a gentle shake so that all the kernels are evenly cooked or popped.
- Also, do not forget to vent the lid to release the steam.
- It is now time to turn off the stove and remove the pan from the stove and transfer it to a serving bowl
- To enrich the flavor sprinkle some salt and serve hot.
The preparation time is only two minutes, and the cooking time is 15 minutes. The nutrition and calories in the stovetop popcorn are 43 kcal per cup.
Also read: Best Stovetop Popcorn Popper