Are you looking to know how to get burnt popcorn smell out of microwave? Cool, Let’s see how to remove burnt popcorn smell from microwave here in this guide
The burnt popcorn smell in your Microwave can be annoying. At one point in a lifetime, we have all experienced it. Your teenager may be very excited to cook a new dish and may end up burning the dish leaving the odor behind or a scorched smell in your microwave. In this article, we have come up with certain methods to see how to remove the burnt popcorn smell from Microwave.
How to get burnt popcorn smell out of the Microwave
- The first step is Steam using water: To easily peel off any debris or to remove the leftover burnt food particles including burnt popcorn from inside the microwave, heat one cup of water for about three or four minutes using a Microwave safe container. This helps to soften the dirt or grime.
- The second step is to clean using dishwashing soap or detergent: Using a soft damp cloth wipe the interior of the microwave. You can also rub to remove the particles that are collected inside.
- The third step is to Rinse and dry your Microwave: Using clean water rinse the microwave and pat dry using a soft cloth.
- Finally, keep the door of the Microwave open: Let the door be kept open for about two t0 three hours so that all the scorched smells or bad odors are completed gone.
- To get the burned popcorn smell out of the Microwave, use vinegar or lemon juice
- Certain strong odors like burnt fish or other food particles may need some additional cleaning using natural cleaners like vinegar or lemon juice
- First, clean all the leftover burnt particles inside the oven. To one cup of water add a few drops of about one tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to a microwave-safe container and heat for about two to five minutes
- Using a wet paper towel, cloth or sponge clean the interior of the microwave
If you do not like the smell of vinegar or lemon juice, you can use four tablespoons of vanilla extract or two tablespoons of coffee powder mixed in half a cup of water.
The third method is to place a deodorizer if the odor persists even after trying the above two methods. This can help to bring back your microwave to normal condition.
- Inside your microwave, keep baking soda in an open container. Alternatives to baking soda can be dried coffee grounds or one cup of activated charcoal placed in an open container and leave it overnight
- The bad smell will be absorbed, the baking soda or other ingredients placed inside the microwave can be reused for cleaning purposes, but should not be used in cooking.
Hope this article has helped you to understand how to get the burned popcorn smell out of the microwave.
You might also be interested to read these articles: