Popcorn is a popular snack and it can be prepared using only a few ingredients. While you prepare this simple dish ensure that the kernels don’t get burnt at the bottom of the pan. Popcorn can be made using a microwave, air-popper, or other methods. In this article, we will see how to cook stovetop popcorn
How to pop popcorn on the stovetop
Very few ingredients are needed to make popcorn on the stovetop. The ingredients are extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil, popcorn kernels 1/3 cup, butter optional, salt. Below are the steps to make popcorn on the stovetop.
- The first step is to heat the oil by using a thick-bottomed saucepan
- Check the heat of the oil by dropping two or three popcorn kernels into the oil. If they pop it is time to add the remaining popcorn kernels into the pan in an even layer
- Close the lid of the pan remove it from the heat and count for about thirty seconds. By doing so the right temperature for popping the corns is maintained so that all the popcorn pops simultaneously.
- Place the saucepan back on the stove. The popcorns will soon begin to pop. Shake the pan gently for the heat to distribute evenly so that all the kernels will pop.
- When the popping noise reduces, remove the saucepan from the heat
- As soon as you open the lid, transfer it to another bowl
- By following this simple method, all your popcorn will pop without getting burnt at the bottom.
- Melt some butter drizzle it on top of the popcorn and give it a nice mix to coat the butter evenly.
- To enhance the taste, you can sprinkle some salt and also other seasonings like nutritional yeast, grated parmesan cheese, cayenne powder, or any other seasoning as per your choice.
The above-mentioned method will enable you to make tasty popcorn that you can enjoy with your family and friends.
How to make stovetop popcorn with coconut oil
To make the best stovetop popcorn by using coconut oil follow these few steps. This simple recipe can be prepared within 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil in a vessel and then add the popcorn kernels into it and cover it with a lid.
- You need to constantly shake the vessel so that the heat is distributed evenly.
- When the popping sound is reduced remove it from the heat and transfer it into a serving bowl.
- Add some seasonings of your choice along with the sea salt.
To pop popcorn on the stovetop and to make it a perfect snack, you just need a few popcorn kernels, some oil, and a pinch of salt along with a good saucepan or pot with a lid. Popcorn is one of the tasty and affordable snacks that you can enjoy. As we have seen the method to make popcorn on the stovetop is quite easy. With the above-mentioned simple method, you can make some real delicious popcorn.
How to use a stovetop popcorn popper?
The stovetop popcorn popper is simple to use and it enables you to make the perfect tasty popcorn in just a few minutes. The cleaning process is also simple as you can wipe it with a paper towel once the pot has been cooled. Hope this article has helped you to know how to cook and enjoy this delicious snack with your near and dear ones.
You might also be interested to read these articles: