Do you want to make a unique popcorn dish? Well, That’s Great! Let’s see How To Make Green Popcorn in a Commercial Popcorn Machine in this guide
It is exciting and fun to make colored popcorn that adds to the thrill at your party table. The colored popcorns are also used for decorative purposes. It looks elegant, colorful, entertaining, and tasty as well. You can experiment with making it by using the color of your choice. If you feel the color is lighter, you can add some more color. In this article, we will see how to make green popcorn
How To Make Green-colored Popcorn in a Commercial Popcorn Machine
- Making a single-colored popcorn is easy. Just pour a quarter cup of popcorn kernels into a popping machine
- Check the capacity of your machine as the proportions and capacity varies depending upon the model of your machine
- One-eighth cup of butter or oil and one-quarter cup of sugar must be added to the popcorn
- Just two or three drops of food color must be added on top of the popcorn
- Close the lid of the machine and let it on, once the popping is done, remove it and enjoy the snack
Other Alternative Methods To Make Green popcorn
The first method to color pre-popped corns
To prepare green popcorn, follow these simple steps:
- Put some oil, butter, salt, corn syrup, and food color in a mixing bowl. You can microwave till the butter gets melted. It may take around 40 to 50 seconds for the butter to start melting. Give it a good mix.
- The next step is to pour the popcorn kernels into the bowl. Ensure that each kernel is coated well. It will give the best results with flavor and color as it pops.
- The bowl must be covered with a vented lid before it is microwaved. Three to five minutes is all that it takes to pop. The timing will depend upon the kind of bowl that you use and the microwave. Do not expect perfect results in the first batch itself. It may take some time to figure out the duration of time.
- Do not overcook it, if they are kept for too long, there are chances that it will smoke and stink or burn. So, you need to be watchful.
- Place all the popcorn in parchment paper or waxed paper. Let the unpopped kernels be left at the bottom of the bowl as nobody needs it. The poped up corns won’t stick at the bottom once they are cooled. You will get the freshly baked corns that are ready to eat.
- You can also store them in an airtight container or plastic bag for later use.
The second method coloring post-popped
- Using a heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. All the other ingredients like corn syrup, sugar, salt, cream of tartar. Let all of these ingredients come to a boil. The sugar must be dissolved, so give it a good stir.
- Now add the green food coloring and once it starts to boil, do not stir. Let it cook for about five minutes. The temperature of the mixture must be about 250 to 260 degrees.
- Pop all your popcorn kernels and keep them aside. Check if there are any unpopped ones. If you find any remove them as it is of no use.
- The sauce is now ready, add some baking soda and vanilla to it once you remove it from the stove. Do not let it cool, when it is still foaming pour the mixture over the popcorn and evenly coat it.
- The coated popcorn must be placed on the cookie sheet. You can use cooking spray, parchment paper, or a roaster. Bake it for an hour at 93 degrees Celsius by stirring to evenly coat. Now your popcorn is ready to serve.
We have seen in detail the method to prepare green color popcorn. Hope this article will help you to make green popcorn in a commercial popcorn machine.
You might also be interested to check out these articles: